Days before:
Two swastikas are painted on the door of Khaled Idris Bahray’s flat. Neighbours inform the refugees’ social worker who reports this to the police.

Tuesday, 13 January 2015:

7:40 am: Neighbours find Khaled Idriss Bahray’s dead body in the backyard and call the police. The paramedics and the police state an unnatural death.
At the same day the police announces publicly, that no sign of third party interference related to Khaled Idriss Bahray’s death was found and ordered autopsy.
Some friends of Khaled publish the incidents on a facebook page to make the case public.
The newspaper Morgenpost calls the chief of the Dresden police department to question the exclusion of third party interference. After this, the police states that the homocide department is now investigating.

Wednesday, 14 January 2015:
After the autopsy the prosecuting attorney announces that Khaled Idriss Bahray died of several stabs in his throat and chest.
Khaled’s flatmates are taken to the police station and interrogated the whole day.
200 people hold a solemn vigil at Albertplatz and demonstrate through the city afterwards, stopping at Albertinum, where Integration Minister Petra Köpping comes out, talks to the people and agrees on a meeting with the refugees.

Thursday, 15 January 2015:

The spokesman of the Green Party in federal parliament, Volker Beck, files a charge of obstruction of justice in office.

Saturday, 17 January 2015:

3500 people participate at the demostration “Rights and Safety for Refugees! In Memory of Khaled” in Dresden; a report in German is published on

Thurday, 22 January 2015:
At seven in the morning, the police again raid Khaled Idriss Bahray’s flat and arrest the suspect, one of his room mates. At the police he confesses the murder and is now in investigative custody.
The other flat mates are moved to different refugee departments.

Saturday, 24 January 2015:
The funeral of Khaled Idriss Bahray took place in Berlin at the cemetery “Landschaftsfriedhof Gatow”. Around 300 people came.

Monday, 31 August 2015:
After 7 month investigative custody of one of Khaled Idriss Bahray’s former flatmate, Hassan S. He was accused of murdering him. The trial started at Landgericht Dresden. First 6 days were planed for the trial.

Friday, 6 November 2015:

Hassan S. was finally convicted to five years in prison. After the defense appeal to the judgment, the case was remand at the 22 June 2016 by the Bundesgerichtshof. Hassan S. was set free after that decision and the case will start again. When is not clear jet.